Monday, April 15, 2013

Birds on the Move

I haven't been out much in the past week due to exams and very poor weather, but I finished up the last of my schoolwork for the year today, it's going up to 17 degrees tomorrow and this is what the weather radar looks like at the moment:


All of that is birds! This is the biggest movement I've seen yet this year, although I haven't checked every night. For more information about bird migration and radar check out this link.

I stepped outside briefly and heard a few flight calls of birds migrating over, probably mainly sparrows given the time of year.


This pair of Caspian Terns sitting on a flooded baseball diamond is one of the weirdest things I've seen recently, but that's the sort of thing that happens in migration. Looking forward to tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment