Saturday, June 4, 2016

Singing American Bittern

Yesterday I finally saw something I've wanted to for a very long time - a singing American Bittern. I have heard and seen them on numerous occasions, but never at the same time. These herons live in a wide variety of dense marshy habitats, but particularly seem to like cattail marshes, where they are basically impossible to see. Luckily, this bird near Milton was in some sparser grass, and provided great views! This is the first thing I saw:


And here's a video of it's bizarre call:

12 comments:

  1. They are neat to watch. We so often only hear them unseen in the marshes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of weeks ago I was on Giroux Street near Astorville and I spotted an American Bittern flying towards me. It was flying along a rather narrow stream. It froze when it saw me, but despite it's attempt to camouflage itself, it remained unusally conspicuous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. http://mp3converter.tv/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautifully all the feelings have been conveyed through writing.
    www.123movieshub.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you can download for free, see the first of these data.
    zippy audio

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was reading your article and wondered if you had considered creating an ebook on this subject. Your writing would sell it fast. You have a lot of writing talent.
    mp3xd

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't locate the ideal words to value this. This is genuinely one in a millions.
    More Info

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ought to basically fantastic not to mention solid advice, which means notice:
    juice mp3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Listed here you'll learn it is important, them offers the link in an helpful webpage:
    mp3juices

    ReplyDelete